Overhead Crane Operator Training (8 Hour)
Meets the Standards of CSA & WH&S | AIP Certified
8 Hour Overhead Crane Operator Training Course Objectives:
- Legislation and regulations as well as company specific safe work procedures
- Responsibilities of the owner, supervisor and worker
- Crane Safety
- Basic Principles: Overhead Crane Design/Operation
- Consequences of improper use of a crane
- The function of different kinds of cranes and lifting devices
- The lifting capacity of the cranes
- Crane load limits
- Using different kinds of slings, rigging methods, and the effect of sling angle
- Safe lifting practices (lifting, moving, and placing loads) turning Loads (if required)
- Maintaining a safe distance
- Hand Signals (if required)
- Proper use of controls (pendent, radio, and cab)
- Understanding lifting attachments
- Pre-shift inspections of the crane and slings
- Written and practical tests including Safe Operating
This course is designed for both new and experienced operators covering theoretical and practical overhead crane principles.
The company specific training is conducted at the client location and instructs participants on the use of crane equipment at their facility.
Upon completion of the practical and written examination, successful participants will receive an Overhead Crane Operation Certificate valid for a period of 3 years.