Fall Protection Train The Trainer
CSA Approved | RedTail Certified
Fall arrest is the form of fall protection which involves the safe stopping of a person already falling. It is one of several forms of fall protection, forms which also include fall guarding (general protection that prevents persons from entering a fall hazard area e.g., guard rails) and fall restraint (personal protection which prevents persons who are in a fall hazard area from falling, e.g., fall restraint lanyards).
Workers are required to have trained in the use of fall protection equipment as legislated by the OH&S Code of Alberta. Fall protection incidents continually rise along with fatalities in a variety of industries.
This 32 hour Fall Protection Train the Trainer course in Calgary is designed provide the necessary skills and knowledge for you to successfully provide a quality training experience. It includes both theory and practical application exercises.
Topics of Instruction for Fall Protection Train the Trainer will include:
- Facilitate a positive learning environment
- Use the principles of adult learning to improve learning results
- Deliver training that meets the delegate's needs
- Prepare visual aids that are clear, effective and related to the topic
- Eliminate and/or handle classroom inconveniences.
- Conflict resolution
- Prepare to deliver a training session
- Visual Media (Pros and Cons)
- Lead a classroom discussion so it meets the desired outcomes for the participants and the intended learning objective
- Identify personal training style , beliefs and opinions
- Regardless of the topic, how to present it in a manner that makes any material fun and let the training message across and make it stick
Topics of instruction specific to Fall Protection will include:
- How to Inspect
- Equipment Selection, Inspection and Care
- Fall Restraint vs. Fall Arrest
- Anchor Systems and Anchor Points
- Vertical Life Lines and Horizontal Life Lines
- Importance of a Pro-Active Safety Attitude
- Practical use of fall protection Equipment and Systems
This course is applicable to any worker who is working at a permanent or temporary worksite that may include heights defined by OH&S. This can include, but is not limited to plumbers, electricians, steel workers, warehouse workers and construction workers.
This course is consistent with CSA Guidelines, Fall-Arrest Systems Practical Essentials as well as all other relevant regulations within the province. Upon completion of this course you will be certified to conduct your own Fall Protection training program.
Please select a date below to register for this course. Alternately, we would be happy to book your course over the phone.
Feb 4 to Feb 68:30am - 4:30pm