Zoom Boom Initial Training
Meets the Standards of CSA | RedTail Certified
A Zoom Boom, or telescopic lift truck, is a powered industrial truck used to lift and move materials short distances. The Zoom Boom falls under the same training requirements as a lift truck or forklift and has become an indispensable piece of equipment in manufacturing and warehousing operations.
OSHA statistics indicate that there are roughly 85 zoom boom fatalities and 34,900 serious injuries each year. One of the leading factors in most of these accidents is lack of training. With a proper training program, employers and employees can ensure a safe work environment when using this equipment.
This 8 hour Zoom Boom course is designed to foster and develop a professional, willing and co-operative attitude towards safe lift truck operation.
Zoom Boom Course Objectives
- Labour Canada Regulations and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- Skills required for a person to become professional operator
- Inspection and safety checks; proper and safe refueling
- Pallet safety
- Maneuvering techniques
- The "stability triangle"
- Lifting, transporting and depositing a load
- Overview of safe operating principals
- Ramp and dock operations
- Loading dock and trailer safety
- Zoom Boom operator safety manual
The course meets all of the current CSA Standard Requirements. Split into equal parts, this course includes hands-on practical training as well as classroom instruction.
Please note - This course is intended for students with no previous Zoom Boom experince.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be certified in the operation of a powered industrial truck (Zoom Boom), valid for 3 years.