OSSA CONFINED SPACE TRAINING- Toronto
OSSA APPROVED | FUSION CERTIFIED | OIL SANDS SITES
AIP Safety is offering/instructing OSSA Confined Space Training on behalf of Fusion Safety Services Ltd and the training credential is under Fusion Safety Services Ltd.
The Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) is a non-profit organization made up of representatives from Syncrude Canada, Suncor Energy, Shell Albian Sands and Canadian Natural Resources, as well as volunteer members from the labor providers, union, area contractors and learning providers.
The OSSA's objective is to bring together the regional stakeholders to identify, develop and implement strategies and tools for purpose of creating “an incident free workforce”.
Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Code and the OSSA confined space and monitor standard define a confined space as a restricted space that may become hazardous to a worker entering it because of;
- An atmosphere that is or may be injurious by reason of oxygen deficiency or enrichment, flammability, explosivity or toxicity
- A condition or changing set of circumstances within that space that presents a potential for injury or illness
- The potential or inherent characteristics of an activity which can produce adverse or harmful consequences within the space.
Confined spaces present special hazards to workers including risks of toxic or asphyxiant gas exposure, fires, falls and entrapment. Workers need to remain aware of these potential hazards and how to avoid or control them in their day to day work activity.
OSSA Confined Space is a one-day course (8 Hours) and will teach participants basic knowledge and proficiency with respect to confined space entry procedures, legislation and the related Regional Code of Practice. Additionally, participants will be taught knowledge and proficiency in performing the required duties of a Confined Space Monitor.
- Confined Space Monitor Basics
- Legislation and Regional Code of Practice
- Confined Space Entry Planning and Hazard Assessment
- Confined Space Identification and definitions (confined space/restricted space)
- Flammable Explosive Atmospheres
- Oxygen Enrichment/Flammable Atmospheres
- Oxygen Deficient/Inert Atmospheres
- Isolation, Ventilation, Purging, Atmospheric Monitoring Requirements
- Confined Space Control Measures
- Confined Space Entry Permitting
- Entry Tags & Signage
- Confined Space Monitor Responsibilities
This course is applicable to a variety of industries that have confined spaces on their worksites including but not limited to oil and gas, construction, office buildings, industrial, rail, manufacturing and any area that meets the definition of confined space.
This course is required for work on any OSSA Member sites.