This course is applicable to all managers, supervisors, workers, contractors, suppliers, and anyone who has an interest in Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, regardless of the industry you are in.
By completing this course you and your organization will be better prepared to effectively meet compliance requirements.
Laws governing health and safety in Alberta’s workplaces fall under the Occupational Health & Safety Act Regulation and Code. Occupational health and safety is responsible for enforcing the OH&S Regulation and Code through inspections, investigations and prosecutions.
Alberta's new consolidated OH&S Regulation and Code is now in effect. With over 1000 changes in the new code, you and your staff will be affected regardless of the industry that you are in. A clear understanding of your roles and responsibilities in regards to this ever changing legislation is imperative to maintaining compliance.
This 8 hour Alberta Occupational Health & Safety workshop will prepare you and your staff to effectively meet compliance requirements with Alberta's new consolidated OH&S Regulation and Code.
- What the new legislation entails
- What will be required to achieve compliance
- Effects of the changes on all stakeholders involved on your particular worksite
- Responsibilities of both employees and employers under the new regulations
- New fines
- New ways that all legislation will be enforced