As one of the leading safety training organizations in Calgary and surrounding areas, we are certified to provide OSSA courses. The Oil Sand Safety Association is a non-profit organization that develops tools and resources to increase workplace health and safety for the Oil Sands industry.
At AIP Safety, our courses meet OSSA’s training standards and safety practices. The benefits of our training include:
- Quality training with experienced instructors
- Increased workplace health and safety awareness
- High standards for injury and fall protection
- 15+ years of serving Alberta’s oil and gas industry
- Online training available
OSSA training courses
- Certified Fit Tester Training - Designed to help students develop the skills required to conduct fit tests, including the Respirator Fit Testing as part of a Respiratory Protection Program (RPE). This course includes both theory and practice with an overview of the process for respirator fit testing. We follow the requirements of CSA’s Z94.4 Standard - Selection, Use & Care of Respirators.
Course Duration: 6.5 Hours
- Fall Protection - Workers required to use fall protection equipment must be trained in its proper use, care, and maintenance as legislated by the OH&S Code of Alberta and the ESC fall protection standard. This course is designed to help students understand fall protection techniques such as fall arrest, fall guarding, and fall restraint. It includes an overview of fall accident statistics, fall protection planning and systems, suspension trauma, rescue principles, and more.
Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Mobile Elevated Work Platform - The hazards associated with an elevated work platform includes falls, tipping, contact with live wires, and contact with the structure. The OH&S Code of Alberta requires workers to be trained in the proper use, care, and maintenance of elevated work platforms. This course is designed to reduce workplace incidence and increase safety awareness with this type of equipment.
Course Duration: 8 Hours. Participants must have a valid ESC Fall Protection certificate in order to complete this training.
- Confined Space Entry - A confined space is defined as a restricted space that poses risks to a worker entering. These hazards can include oxygen deficiency, a flammable or toxic atmosphere, potential for injury or illness, a potential for falls, a potential for entrapment, or other inherent characteristics that can produce harmful consequences. The Confined Space Entry course teaches workers how to identify, avoid, and control these potential hazards. Training includes confined space entry procedures, knowledge of the Regional Code of Practice, and perming the requirements of a Confined Space Monitor.
Course Duration: 8 Hours